The hospital has 45 clinical and allied health departments, 16 specialist centres and is powered by more than 8,000 healthcare staff. As one of the largest multi-disciplinary hospitals in Singapore, TTSH operates more than 1700 beds with centres of excellence including the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID), Institute for Geriatrics & Active Ageing (IGA), NHG Eye Institute (NHGEI) and TTSH Rehabilitation Centre.
TTSH is also the flagship hospital of the National Healthcare Group and the principal teaching hospital for the NTU Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine.
Founded in 1844 by philanthropist Tan Tock Seng, TTSH was first known as the Chinese Pauper’s Hospital and is located on Pearl’s Hill. The hospital moved to its fourth and current location in Novena in 2000.
In 2001, TTSH doctors performed the first successful macular translocation in Southeast Asia. In this operation, the retina is detached and relocated to a healthier spot in the eye. In addition, TTSH is also the hospital that established the first MRI training center in Singapore and the first hospital in Southeast Asia to perform tracheobronchial stenting for central airway obstruction.
According to Wikipedia and ttsh.com.sg