Petron’s history dates back to September 7, 1933, when the Socony-Vacuum Oil Company (Standard Oil of New York) and Standard Oil of New Jersey (also known as Jersey Standard) merged their Far East operations to form the Philippine branch of Standard Vacuum Oil Company (Stanvac).
In 1957, Stanvac won the concession to build and operate a refinery in Bataan. For this purpose, FilOil Refinery Corporation was established in 1959.
In 1962, Stanvac was dissolved and was acquired by Esso Philippines, Inc. took over Stanvac’s Philippine operations, including FilOil Refinery Corporation. In 1973, the Philippine government, through the Philippine National Oil Company (PNOC), acquired Esso Philippines, Inc., Esso Philippines, Inc. was renamed Petrophil Corporation (Petrophil) and in 1974 Esso’s gas stations were renamed “Petron”. In 1988, Petrophil Corporation was renamed Petron Corporation.
In April 2008, Petron operated the country’s first petrochemical feedstock units, with a capacity of 180,000 barrels (29,000 m3) per day at the Bataan Refinery.
In 2009, Petron Corporation became part of San Miguel Corporation, the largest corporation in the Philippines.
In 2013, Petron officially opened its Malaysian operations, rebranding all Esso and Mobil stations on Peninsular Malaysia.
Today, through more than 1,200 service stations, the company specializes in the retail sale of gasoline, diesel and kerosene to motorists and public transport operators. They also sell the LPG Gasul brand to households and other consumers through an extensive dealer network.
According to Wikipedia